Instructions for Use
(sildenafil) oral suspension
Read this Instructions for Use for REVATIO oral suspension before you start taking and each time you get a refill. There may be new information. This information does not take the place of talking to your doctor about your medical condition or your treatment.
- Your pharmacist should tell you how to measure REVATIO oral suspension by using the oral syringe provided in the pack.
- REVATIO oral suspension should only be given using the oral syringe supplied with each pack.
- REVATIO for oral suspension should not be mixed with any other medicine or flavoring.
Supplies you will need to take REVATIO oral suspension:
- Bottle of REVATIO oral suspension with syringe adaptor fitted in neck of bottle
- Oral syringe (as supplied by pharmacist). (See Figure A)
- Shake the bottle of REVATIO oral suspension for 10 seconds before each use. (See Figure B)
- Remove the cap. Open the bottle by pushing downward on the cap and twisting it in the direction of the arrow (counter-clockwise). (See Figure B)
- Insert the tip of the oral syringe into the adaptor while the bottle is upright, on a flat surface. Fully push down (depress) the plunger of the syringe. (See Figure C)
- Turn the bottle upside down while holding the oral syringe in place. Slowly pull back the plunger of the oral syringe until the bottom of the plunger is even with the graduation markings on the syringe for the prescribed dose for you. Take your dose of REVATIO oral suspension exactly as prescribed by your doctor. If air bubbles can be seen, slowly push the oral suspension in the syringe back into the bottle. Repeat steps 3 and 4. (See Figure D)
- Turn the bottle back upright with the oral syringe still in place. Remove the oral syringe from the bottle by pulling straight up on the barrel of the oral dosing syringe. (See Figure E)
- Put the tip of the oral syringe into your mouth. Point the tip of the oral syringe towards the inside of the cheek. Slowly push down the plunger of the oral syringe. (See Figure F)
- Replace the cap on the bottle, leaving the bottle adaptor in place. Wash the oral syringe as instructed below.
- The syringe should be washed after each dose. Pull the plunger out of the barrel and rinse both parts with water. (See Figure G)
- Dry all parts with a clean paper towel. Push the plunger back into the barrel. Store the syringe with REVATIO oral suspension in a clean safe place.
Administer REVATIO oral suspension using the oral syringe supplied with each pack. Refer to the patient instructions for use for more detailed instructions for use. Discard any unused suspension after the expiration date written on the bottle.
- Store REVATIO reconstituted oral suspension below 30°C (86°F) or in a refrigerator between 2°C to 8°C (36°F to 46°F).
- Do not freeze REVATIO oral suspension
- Throw away (discard) REVATIO oral suspension after 60 days.
- Keep REVATIO and all medicines away from children.
This Instruction for Use has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
This product's label may have been updated. For current full prescribing information, please visit www.pfizer.com
Revised: February 2020