17 PATIENT COUNSELING INFORMATION
Advise the patient to read the FDA-approved patient labeling (Medication Guide and Instructions for Use).
- Of the increased risks of mortality, serious cardiovascular reactions, thromboembolic reactions, stroke, and tumor progression [see Warnings and Precautions (5.1, 5.2)].
- To undergo regular blood pressure monitoring, adhere to prescribed anti-hypertensive regimen and follow recommended dietary restrictions.
- To contact their healthcare provider for new-onset neurologic symptoms or change in seizure frequency.
- Of the need to have regular laboratory tests for hemoglobin.
- Risks are associated with benzyl alcohol in neonates, infants, pregnant women, and lactating women [see Use in Specific Populations (8.1, 8.2, 8.4)].
Instruct patients who self-administer RETACRIT of the:
- Importance of following the Instructions for Use.
- Dangers of reusing needles, syringes, or unused portions of single-dose vials.
- Proper disposal of used syringes, needles, and unused vials, and of the full container.