INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Be sure that you read and understand the following instructions for the correct way to dilute and take RAPAMUNE Oral Solution. Ask your pharmacist or doctor if you are not sure. Important:
- Always keep the bottle in an upright position.
- You may store RAPAMUNE Oral Solution that is in a syringe at room temperature up to 77°F (25°C) or in the refrigerator at 36°F to 46°F (2°C to 8°C) for up to 24 hours. See "How should I store RAPAMUNE?" at the end of this Instructions for Use.
- RAPAMUNE Oral Solution can develop a slight haze when it is refrigerated. If this happens, bring the RAPAMUNE Oral Solution to room temperature and then gently shake the bottle until the haze goes away.
- Only use a glass or plastic cup to dilute RAPAMUNE Oral Solution.
- If you are a caregiver, do not let RAPAMUNE Oral Solution come in contact with your skin or eyes. If you get the oral solution on your skin, wash the area well with soap and water. If you get the oral solution in your eyes, rinse with plain water.
- If you spill RAPAMUNE Oral Solution, dry the area with a dry paper towel and then wipe the area with a wet paper towel. Throw away the paper towels in the trash and wash your hands well with soap and water.
Each RAPAMUNE Oral Solution carton contains:
You will also need:
- glass or plastic cup
- 6 oz. of water or orange juice only
|Figure 1: Opening the bottle|
|1. Open the solution bottle. |
|Figure 2: Inserting adapter||2. The first time you use a bottle of RAPAMUNE Oral Solution:|
|Figure 3: Inserting syringe||3. Use a new disposable amber oral syringe for each dose of RAPAMUNE Oral Solution.|
|Figure 4: Withdrawing solution||4. Withdraw the prescribed amount of RAPAMUNE Oral Solution:|
|Figure 5: Capping syringe||5. If your doctor tells you to carry your medicine with you:|
|Figure 6: Placing syringe in carrying case|
|Figure 7: Emptying syringe into glass||6. Taking a dose of RAPAMUNE Oral Solution:|
|7. Always store the bottles of medication in the refrigerator.|
- Store bottles of RAPAMUNE Oral Solution in the refrigerator at 36°F to 46°F (2°C to 8°C).
- Protect from light.
- Store RAPAMUNE Oral Solution that is in a syringe at room temperature up to 77°F (25°C) or in the refrigerator at 36°F to 46°F (2°C to 8°C) for up to 24 hours.
- If necessary, bottles of RAPAMUNE Oral Solution can be stored at room temperature up to 77°F (25°C) for up to 15 days.
- When a bottle of RAPAMUNE Oral Solution is opened, it should be used within 1 month.
- Use any diluted RAPAMUNE Oral Solution right away.
Keep RAPAMUNE and all medicines out of the reach of children.
This Instructions for Use has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Revised: XXX 2021