Advise the patient to read the FDA-approved patient labeling (Patient Information).
Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD)
- Advise patients of the risks of severe or fatal ILD, including pneumonitis. Advise patients to contact their healthcare provider immediately to report new or worsening respiratory symptoms [see Warnings and Precautions (5.1)].
- Advise patients to contact their healthcare provider at the first signs of diarrhea. Advise patients that intravenous hydration and/or anti-diarrheal medication (e.g., loperamide) may be required to manage diarrhea [see Warnings and Precautions (5.2)].
Dermatologic Adverse Reactions
- Advise patients to initiate use of moisturizers and to minimize sun exposure with protective clothing and use of sunscreen at the time of initiation of VIZIMPRO. Advise patients to contact their healthcare provider immediately to report new or worsening rash, erythematous and exfoliative reactions [see Warning and Precautions (5.3)].
- Advise patients to avoid use of PPIs while taking VIZIMPRO. Short-acting antacids or H2 receptor antagonists may be used if needed. Advise patients to take VIZIMPRO at least 6 hours before or 10 hours after taking an H2-receptor antagonist [see Drug Interactions (7.1)].
- Advise females of reproductive potential that VIZIMPRO can result in fetal harm and to use effective contraception during treatment with VIZIMPRO and for 17 days after the last dose of VIZIMPRO. Advise females of reproductive potential to contact their healthcare provider with a known or suspected pregnancy [see Use in Specific Populations (8.1 and 8.3)].
- Advise women not to breastfeed during treatment with VIZIMPRO and for 17 days after the last dose of VIZIMPRO [see Use in Specific Populations (8.2)].