- are allergic to pegvisomant or any of the ingredients in SOMAVERT. Do not take SOMAVERT if you are allergic to pegvisomant or any of the ingredients in SOMAVERT. See the end of this leaflet for a complete list of ingredients in SOMAVERT.
- have diabetes
- have or have had liver problems
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if SOMAVERT will harm your unborn baby. Tell your healthcare provider if you become pregnant while using SOMAVERT.
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if SOMAVERT passes into your breast milk. You and your health care provider should decide how you will feed your baby if you take SOMAVERT.
SOMAVERT may affect the way other medicines work, and other medicines may affect how SOMAVERT works.
Especially tell your healthcare provider if you take:
- insulin or other medicines used to treat diabetes
- narcotics (opioid medicines). Your healthcare provider may change your dose of SOMAVERT if you take opioids.