Morphine Sulfate Injection is contraindicated in patients with:
- Significant respiratory depression [see Warnings and Precautions (5.2)]
- Acute or severe bronchial asthma in an unmonitored setting or in the absence of resuscitative equipment [see Warnings and Precautions (5.6)]
- Concurrent use of monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) or use of MAOIs within the last 14 days [see Warnings and Precautions (5.7)].
- Known or suspected gastrointestinal obstruction, including paralytic ileus [see Warnings and Precautions (5.11)]
- Hypersensitivity to morphine (e.g., anaphylaxis) [see Adverse Reactions (6)]