MARCAINE SPINAL is contraindicated in:
- intravenous regional anesthesia (Bier Block) [see Warnings and Precautions (5.8)].
- patients with septicemia.
- patients with severe hemorrhage, severe hypotension or shock, due to a reduced cardiac output.
- patients with clinically significant arrhythmias, such as complete heartblock, due a reduced cardiac output.
- patients with a known hypersensitivity to bupivacaine or to any local anesthetic agent of the amide-type or to other components of MARCAINE SPINAL.
- patients with local infection at the site of proposed lumbar puncture.