17 PATIENT COUNSELING INFORMATION
- Advise patients at the beginning of treatment that their menstrual cycle may be disrupted and that irregular and unpredictable bleeding or spotting results, and that this usually decreases to the point of amenorrhea as treatment with Depo-Provera CI continues, without other therapy being required.
- Counsel patients about the possible increased risk of breast cancer in women who use Depo-Provera CI [see Warnings and Precautions (5.3)].
- Counsel patients that this product does not protect against HIV infection (AIDS) and other sexually transmitted diseases.
- Counsel patients on Warnings and Precautions associated with use of Depo-Provera CI.
- Counsel patients to use a back-up method or alternative method of contraception when enzyme inducers are used with Depo-Provera CI.
This product's labeling may have been updated. For the most recent prescribing information, please visit www.pfizer.com.