The signs and symptoms of overdosage are those of hyperthyroidism [see Warnings and Precautions (5.4) and Adverse Reactions (6)]. In addition, confusion and disorientation may occur. Cerebral embolism, seizure, shock, coma, and death have been reported. Symptoms may not necessarily be evident or may not appear until several days after ingestion.
Reduce the CYTOMEL dose or temporarily discontinued if signs or symptoms of overdosage occur. Initiate appropriate supportive treatment as dictated by the patient's medical status.
For current information on the management of poisoning or overdosage, contact the National Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222 or www.poison.org.